The finance team is the backbone of Revolut’s business. The department has grown from its initial internal accounting remit to a major function that supports all areas of the business, including assessing financial implications from various key strategic decisions and growth opportunities.
When you join the finance team you get the opportunity to interact with all areas of the company: one day you are involved in a banking license application process, the next you are running analysis for a new product launch, and the next you are working on an executive summary of Revolut’s performance for the board of directors.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking to bring onboard a world-class CFO that will lead the organisation from 10 to 100M customers while entering new regions, rolling out new products and transitioning to a banking model.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
• Leading Revolut’s global Finance department including Accounting and Financial Control, Financial Planning & Analysis, Regulatory Reporting and Tax functions as well as our financial data infrastructure teams
• Overseeing and governing the preparation of financial statements and the external audit process
• Providing Finance expertise as a member of the Group Executive Committee and main point of contact for Revolut’s Board of Directors and its sub-committees
• Driving the periodic company-wide budgeting process and establishing annual financial Company Goals that align with the Revolut’s plans for growth and expansion
• Leading corporate funding strategy and financing rounds, including optimisation of the capital structure
• Leading and motivating staff and ensuring that they receive appropriate support, training and development to achieve their full potential
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• 10+ years of experience in a fast-paced finance environment at a top-tier company
• Experience in building and leading teams of 100+ people
• You have the credibility and confidence to build relationship and trust with key stakeholders including Revolut’s Board Directors and regulators
• Strong technical skills to understand and design the financial system infrastructure
• You have graduated with at least a 2:1 from a top university
• Positive attitude: 'Can do' approach and willing to give everything a go from manual processing to larger projects
• Excellent organisation skills: ability to plan and organise work so that it is efficient and effective
• A deep understanding of a bank’s balance sheet, key regulatory ratios, accounting of securities portfolios, loans and hedge accounting principles is considered an advantage.
NICE TO HAVE
• STEM or Economics Education
• Previous experience in top-tier investment banking/ PE, Strategy Consulting firm, fast growing start-up
• Chartered Accountant (ACA or equivalent), with proven experience of applying IFRS in a banking environment
• Proven experience raising private investment and/or exposure to a public offering process
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
• Pension plan
• Private health insurance
• Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
• Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
• Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year